Meet the New Cat® D5 Dozer
NEW NAME. SAME GREAT PERFORMANCE.
The new Cat D5 succeeds the renowned D6N with superior performance and technology.
- Best-In-Class Performance.
- Unprecented Technology Choices.
- More Power to Work.
- Cat Grade with Slope Assist™ automatically maintains operator’s pre-established blade position without a GPS signal – no additional hardware or software needed.
- Factory integrated Cat Grade with 3D uses GPS to control the blade so you can get to design plan faster.
- Slope Indicate shows machine cross-slope and fore/aft orientation right on the main display to help operators with slope work.
- Attachment Ready Option (ARO) comes from the factory with key sensors and wiring installed so you can easily upgrade to fully integrated grade control or blade mounted system.
- Cat Command for Dozing provides a remote control solution for enhanced safety and greater productivity.
DESIGNED FOR OPERATORS
- More glass area, steeper hood angle provide 30% better forward visibility than the previous model.
- New 10-in (254 mm) touchscreen display with easy-to-use operator interface.
- Standard High Definition rearview camera shows prominently in the main display.
- Wider air suspension seat has multiple adjustments for personalized comfort.
- Entire armrest adjusts forward and backward independent of the seat.
- More storage spaces throughout the cab.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
Next Generation Performance
- Harness added weight and horsepower to take on a wide range of dozing and grading tasks.
- Improved steering, tighter turning radius, quicker turns at the end of each pass help you finish jobs faster.
- Fully automatic 3-speed transmission gives you seamless acceleration, faster cycle times and more nimble movement around the jobsite.
Long Term Value and Durability
- Heavier, more robust machine helps increase uptime and reduce overall operating cost.
- Hydraulic and electrical lines running to the blade are guarded for better protection.
- More robust track roller frame gives you added durability to take on heavier work.
- Heavy Duty Extended Life undercarriage – HDXL DuraLink™ – offers up to 20% more seal life in high impact conditions.
- New Cat Abrasion undercarriage is your lowest cost-per-hour solution for high abrasion and low impact jobsites.
Lower Maintenance Costs
- Up to 10% lower maintenance costs.
- Easy access to maintenance points and a new ladder at the back of the machine save you time on daily tasks.
- Reversible hydraulic demand fan helps remove debris while you work, saving cleanout and maintenance time.
- Extended filter life and longer life LED lights help save you time and money.
- Product Link™ collects machine data that can be viewed online through web and mobile applications.
- Access information anytime, anywhere with VisionLink®
- Remote Troubleshoot saves time and money by allowing your Cat dealer to perform diagnostic testing remotely.*
- Remote Flash updates on-board software without a technician being present.