Sustainable Development Vision
Sustainable Facilities Vision
Carter Machinery’s Sustainable Development Vision establishes our intent to be a company working to make sustainable progress possible by operating in a manner consistent with pursuing sustainable development. That’s why Carter Machinery designs and operates facilities in a manner that minimizes their impact on the environment, yields life-cycle economic benefits, and demonstrates our commitment to sustainability.
Our Sustainability Principles
- Conserve energy and minimize the release of greenhouse gases
- Create more value with less impact on nature
- Improve our indoor environments, thereby improving employees’ health, safety, creativity, productivity, and engagement
- Reduce pollution and harmful materials
- Exercise integrity, teamwork, commitment, and excellence in pursuit of sustainable facilities.
Sustainable Facilities – New Facilities
The design of Carter Machinery’s new facilities include sustainable features that enable the facilities to be considered for certification under LEED® (U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) standards. The decision to pursue LEED® certification lies with the Executive Management team at Carter Machinery, Corporate EHS and Corporate Facilities Management.
Sustainable Facilities – Existing Facilities
Carter Machinery supports and promotes actions that reduce energy use, increase energy efficiency, and minimize adverse environmental impacts. Carter Machinery intends to apply LEED®-type standards as a framework for its existing facilities where practical. The decision to implement LEED® standards lies with the Executive Management team at Carter Machinery, in cooperation with Corporate EHS and Corporate Facilities Management.