With the latest in tooling and more than 30 dedicated hydraulic technicians, Carter Machinery repairs, rebuilds, and replaces hydraulic cylinders for all makes and models. From earthmoving equipment such as excavators, skid steers, dozers, and backhoes, to non-earthmoving equipment such as pneumatic, recycling, waste, induction and plastic molding cylinders, and other industrial applications, our team will get it done.
Whether you are in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, or the Washington D.C. metro area, Carter Machinery’s service department is a phone call away. We know time is money, and we want to get you back to work fast.
SERVICING ALL MAKES & MODELS
Our hydraulic technicians utilize our state-of-the-art facilities and machinery to bring you a product that lasts. They have experience repairing, rebuilding, and replacing hydraulic cylinders for all makes and models, not just Cat®. We even service non-earthmoving equipment such as plastic molders, waste compactors, pneumatic equipment, and more.
FIELD & SHOP SERVICE AVAILABLE
Whether you are in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, or the Washington D.C. metro area, Carter Machinery’s service department is a phone call away. We know time is money, and we want to get you back to work fast. Our team of more than 30 dedicated hydraulic technicians provides service in multiple shifts, ensuring your repair happens quickly. Backed by the largest service technician workforce in the Mid-Atlantic, our hydraulic team will work with you to service your machine at our nearest facility or dispatch a field service technician to your location – the convenience is yours!
Our state-of-the-art hydraulic repair facilities feature the latest in equipment and tooling, allowing our dedicated hydraulic technicians to complete your repairs with the highest degree of accuracy in a timely manner.
- Honing to 20 in. ID and 32 ft. length
- Lathe capacity to 40 in. OD and 35 ft. length
- Boring to 14 in. ID and 100 in. length
- Centerless Rod Polishing to 14 in. OD
- Straightening / Pressing up to 200 ton
- Torqueing to 60,000 lbs.– ft.
- Welding of most materials and submerged arc welding for re-tubes / re-rods
- Re-engineering and fabrication of existing, obsolete, or poorly designed cylinders
- Profilometer readings to measure surface roughness on chrome rods and barrel IDs
- Electronic thickness gauge readings to measure chrome thickness on cylinder rods
- Cylinder testing to 5,000 PSI
- Tube and rod stock inventory
- Custom-made seals
- Plating of cylinder rods
There are many factors to consider when performing a repair: turnaround time, budget, component life, and more. Our experienced staff can recommend a wide variety of options of services we provide, including:
- Before & after failure repair
- Re-bearing and resealing
- Light honing/re-sealing/testing
- OEM/reconditioned/exchange parts
- Welding & Machine Repairs